Beauty Balm has the same initials as Beauty and the Bullshit.
Coincidence? I think not.
I have been ignoring all this BB cream hooha for the longest time – i figure that at some point, all this –
developed by ( insert adjective) German doctor,
does (insert logic-defying miracle wonders) heals scars
and (call existing feature by a new name) a skin care and make up all in one
and used by (insert adjective) Korean actresses
story is anything but new and I thought, nah, nobody falls for that anymore!
Or you will find it intriguing, try it, then find that this new cream is the same as the old one and you will move on and be all the wiser after having made cosmetic companies richer just by a few billion dollars.
However, the day that some marketing joker who is late in the BB game and had to make it up to his disgruntled executive board else he will lose his job has combined AA(Anti-Ageing) + BB to come up with the “genius” CC cream or as some version would have it, have color correction aaaaand even go to the length of giving you comparative charts that “guarantee” like this for example-
and women are now scrambling all over again to rid themselves of the BB to get the CC – the time has come for a serious bullshit intervention.
Enough of this madness!
BB creams are bullshit.
Think about it. Just what do all BB creams have in common?
- BB creams can come in all kinds of textures, they could be light to heavy
- They can come in all range of coverage from sheer to full coverage
- They revel in their multifunctionality- some have SPF, some have light diffusing age concealing ingredients, some have healing properties, skin care and makeup in one, concealer too…yadda yadda yadda.
Well, hello ordinary foundation.
Nothing unifies all BB creams except for that BB story.
So ask yourself before you junk your ordinary liquid foundation for some BB or CC or whatever the FF cream they might be peddling next- aside from that tired story, what difference does your BB and CC cream have from your “ordinary” liquid foundation?
There are 3 morals to this story-
- Don’t junk your old trusted cream to try the BB just because it is BB
- And don’t pay for more just because it’s BB.
- Insert (new name)CC to BB in the first 2 statements whenever something the FF new comes along.