Social media can either mobilise you or make you its bitch.
I like giving the creature in front of me my utmost presence and I allow myself silent peace as i am not a fan of beeps and ringing sounds (i don’t even use an alarm clock #truestory). So all my notifications are off.
In social media, i post and answer personally. Nothing is automated. I block unnecessary noise as ads and automated posts.
So this is how I manage my communication/social media for those seeking to keep in touch:
I suggest point of first contact at twitter via DM Then we can decide from there which common social media we can use for a call.
- WHATSAPP is only for coordinating to physically meet and other urgent domestic/work/squad matters
- FB MESSENGER for impromptu messages/calls between family and friends
- FB + INSTAGRAM This is how i keep in touch with friends. You can follow me if you like.
- FB Page. I have an FB page for beautyandthebullshit but i decided to simplify my efforts and just post direct from my personal page. The blog is personal anyway.
- TWITTER used as thought journal and i tend to stonetweet. You can follow me if you like.
- EMAIL rarely used socially unless it’s the only option.
- PHONE never used nor answered. Thanks to telemarketers.
Speak to you soon!
Photo taken October 2019.